As we all may have known, paying Apple music subscription in Nigeria has always been one of the biggest unsolved internet mystery even to our so called professional TECH GUYS. It’s shocking how Nigerians have suffered inability to use their iPhone Apple music not for the fact of not having money to pay for it, but for the fact of being unable to pay even if desired to.
Since the ban on dollar transactions on naira cards, many Nigerians have faced payment difficulties for different services owned by international brands in which some of these services may includes: Instagram or Facebook Ads and also Apple music won’t be left out. In one of my old articles I provide solution on How To Fix Instagram Ads Payment Failed in Nigeria, kindly revisit the post if necessary but that aside, One of the most notable sectors Nigerians have a hard time using are global music streaming services like Spotify, YouTube Music Premium, and also Apple Music.
However, to ease the stress of a part of this faction, Special thanks to MTN for their recent partnership with Apple Music in favor of all MTN users to pay for their Apple music subscription with MTN airtime. Isn’t that wonderfully done by MTN? But it doesn’t even end their, In their partnership terms, MTN has not only negotiated the subscription to be very cheap when compared to other countries but also secure Nigerians 6 months of free unlimited Apple Music streaming upfront for every starters. MTN really deserves some accolades for the smart and bravery work done.
To cut all long stories short, In this article, I’ll be guiding you on how to pay for Apple music using MTN airtime and also, how to get 6 months of free unlimited Apple Music streaming upfront. Please note that this is open to both iPhone and Android users of the Apple Music app. You only need to have an MTN SIM.
Step-by-step procedures to Subscribe Apple Music in Nigeria with MTN Airtime:
Apple music subscription can be done in Nigeria using your MTN Airtime by this two either ways: Either BY USSD CODE or BY SMS.
How to Subscribe Apple Music in Nigeria via MTN USSD Code:
- Dial *447*2# with your MTN line
- Choose the Apple Music option.
- Select option 1 that says “Apple Music for Free @N0”
- You’ll get a notification saying you can now use Apple Music for free for the next 6 months.
- You’ll be nudged to accept the prompt by replying with option 1 which says “Proceed”.
- You’ll receive an on-screen prompt confirming your successful subscription and you just need to select “Accept”.
- Check your Messages app for a confirmation SMS which will contain a link. Tap on this link and it’ll take you to the Apple Music app on your phone. And that’s about paying for Apple Music via USSD, using airtime.
How to Subscribe Apple Music in Nigeria via MTN SMS:
- Start by opening your messaging app and trying to send a new message.
- Send “MUSIC” to 8000 with your MTN SIM and then “Accept” the plan prompt.
- Afterwards, you’ll get a confirmation plan that you have subscribed to Apple Music.
- That’s all!
Please note that you’ll need to have a minimum balance of N1000 airtime by the beginning of the 7th month for monthly renewal to proceed. Should you not have enough airtime to pay for the Apple Music subscription when your free access lapses, you’ll be suspended from the service.
Also, you can easily terminate your subscription at any time by sending “CANCEL MUSIC” to 8000. That’s it about subscribing for Apple Music in Nigeria using MTN airtime.