We all know how frustrating it could get when you have a MiFi but cannot use just because you forgot password and your devices stopped auto-connecting to the MiFi. It might not even be that sometimes, it could be the MiFi portal that you forgot your login details to, meaning you can’t change MiFi password, check data balance or view new messages to your MiFi sim and restriction on some other MiFi portal related features.
In this article, I’ll be discussing on how to reset Airtel 4G LTE MiFi, ZTE Universal Mobile MiFi, and Huawei Value MiFi. Wondering best MiFi to buy in Nigeria ? Take little of your time to read my article on What is the best 4G MiFi router to buy in Nigeria 2023.
Guides on how to reset your MiFi password on different routers in Nigeria:
1. How to Factory Reset Airtel 4G Hotspot if Forgot Password:
If you forgot MiFi password and not the portal login details. You can easily login to your router portal on 192.168.0.1 and set a new password for your MiFi. For a new users, the default username and password is “admin” and “admin” respectively. If you are an old user and already changed the Airtel MiFi portal password to your desired password in which you’ve already forgotten, do not panic! here is what to do:
It’s known that there is not “forgot password?’ link or button on the router website portal, meaning that you are only left with factory hard rest.
- Get yourself a needle
- Remove the Airtel 4G hotspot portable router back cover to find the reset button.
- remove the battery from the 4G router and see the reset button below the battery.
- You need a needle to press the reset button as shown below image.
- Press the reset button for 4-5 Seconds until 4G router not restart.
- Wait to restart the Airtel 4G router and check the WiFi name in mobile or Laptop should show Airtel default WIFi name as shown in the router sticker.
- Once WiFi showing the Default Airtel WiFi name it means router factory reset successfully.
2. How to Reset your ZTE Mobile Hotspot
Most ZTE MiFi devices spot a Reset Button somewhere on them. To reset your MiFi, locate this button and using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button until “MiFi Resetting” appears on the display then release. Allow for several minutes for the restore process to complete.
After the process is complete, log in using the credentials on the device’s back cover. If you can’t find this, plug in your MiFi to your PC via USB. Access the admin web interface, usually 192.168.1.1 and go through the setup process. This will guide you through the process of setting up a new WiFi name and Password.
3. How to Reset your Huawei Value MiFi
- Turn on your Mobile Wi-Fi.
- Remove your Mobile Wi-Fi’s battery cover. You’ll find the Reset button beside the power key:
- Using a pin, press and hold the Reset button for five seconds.
- The Mobile Wi-Fi will automatically restart. Your default settings will now be restored.
You can find your Mobile Wi-Fi name (SSID) and Wi-Fi key printed inside your Mobile Wi-Fi battery cover. Log into the admin dashboard and change your WiFi name and Password.
Conclusion: Different routers adapt to different hard reset techniques but mostly have thin hole which you can use needle to pinch it to reset though location of this thin holes may differs with brand of router. I hope this article would be of help.